I never realized I was so smart in doing my work until I came to Christ (Deemed to be University)
Welcome back to my blog!
I’m Saloni, a regularly irregular student studying BBA at Christ (Deemed to be University). I’m about to complete my first year and I was reminiscing about the things/moments/people that made my first-year worth living. This blog post is an extension of the same line of thought.
So, let’s get started.
I think more than homework during school days, CIA’s (Continuous Internal Assessment) at Christ have tortured me a lot. I specifically use the word “torture” because when I compare my school homework to the CIA’s I realize that the school homework was mechanical in nature whereas in college I had to research a lot. You should see the insane number of tabs active on my Google Chrome while I research.
Nevertheless, I still did all the CIA’s on time (*mostly) for marks. That’s the only reason I did it. I won’t lie here but if the topic genuinely intrigued me then I would passionately do my CIA with utmost dedication and hard work. Otherwise, in most of the situations, I would bluntly end up plagiarizing it.
One of the CIA I remember I did with a lot of interest was the one in which I had to write about one female character from Mahabharat. In addition to that I was also required to state the contemporary relevance of the character. For this CIA I almost read the entire Mahabharat. I don’t know why but after reading the Mahabharat I personally felt this pride inside me for being associated with the Indian culture and mythology.
Anyways that was just one special case but on a daily basis I plagiarize a lot. I think these days students have a competition as to who can complete the CIA in a more smarter manner with the least effort with 100% uniqueness yet in reality 100% plagiarism.
So here are some of the wacky ways in which I & my friends use during our CIA’s:
- Excessive paraphrasing, restructuring sentences and then going for plagiarism checker on:
- Start researching from the 2nd & 3rd page of Google. Although the articles on the 1st page makes much more sense but still. I do this mainly because I know that most of my classmates would never search beyond 2nd page. They would prefer changing the search term rather than clicking endless pages on google.
- For sentence restructuring, text rewriting I often used this website: https://spinbot.com/. The only limitation being, the rewritten sentence sometimes makes no sense or has a lot of grammatical error.
- For writing article reviews, I would simply google search the review, select the best one and then generate online summary of it. I would generally do it for 2-3 articles, then compile them and Voila! the product comes out to be 100% unique.
- The one way which my friends always used, though I preferred not to, was to take assignment from other sections. It was mostly possible because all the professors gave assignments mentioned in the course pack which is same for everyone.
- One of the most plausible ways of doing a CIA is to find a classmate/friend who can do your CIA in exchange of a treat. I’ve lately realized that this happens a lot in Christ. Food is an irresistible temptation and free food- umm heaven!
Coming to Group CIA’s
I’m a management student and I get tons of groups CIA’s and I’ll tell you the brutal truth – They suck, especially in the cases when you have your friends with you in the same group (which in reality is almost every single time until the professors take an extra effort to make groups). Now some of you reading this post might not agree with me but let me substantiate my point further by stating my reasons, as to why I believe so.
I’m a kind of person who loves to initiate assignments by calling in for a group meeting or making a WhatsApp group. But what happens is that, in most of the cases I’m not able to share the same enthusiasm and willingness to work with my friends/classmates and in most of the cases I end up doing major part of the work myself which is terrible.
So, in order to ensure that I don’t end up doing all the work I started imbibing this “IDGAF Attitude” taught by my great roommate Mrinal. According to this if your group members are inflexible when it comes to completion of assignments then with full confidence reflect the same attitude. If they don’t give a shit about the work in hand, then you too don’t give a shit about it. And that’s the way of life.
But the problem with this attitude is that there are chances where people will be so inconsiderate that you might end up losing your marks because of them.
That’s why I believe group CIA sucks. No matter what approach I follow. I’m just not able to do them with peace. Something I’m constantly learning to do.
Anyways, Thanks for reading.
Do let me know your thoughts/viewpoints/experience of CIA’s at Christ in the comment section below.
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the blog for more awesome content.